I’m so passionate about this I want to make a t-shirt line to promote it. Word Art should be banned from PowerPoint. It has never “spruced” up your presentation. I remember in third grade I did a pretty sweet 5 page report on dinosaurs and on the cover I used Word Art for the title “Dinosaurs”…not just any Word Art, the 3D red/orange one that was kind of diagonal and awesome.
Third grade was the last time using Word Art was kind of appropriate. Here’s a few things you can do instead:
- Larger font (like super large if you want to make a statement in a presentation)
- Enlarge your font and then use “Text Fill” to make it subtly gradient and/or transparent
- SOME “Text Effects” are acceptable such as “Shadow” and “Reflection”
- Search the depths of the Internet and find free/affordable fonts to download (there is some really cool stuff out there)
- While your surfing the web looking for cool fonts to download, research “Typography” and see how Word Art is actually sort of offensive
Keep fighting the good fight fellow designers and supporters alike!